Because jean sizing varies from brand to brand, one of the most common questions we get asked is "How do I know my size in Detroit Denim jeans?" You can either measure your body, or measure a pair of jeans that fit you well in the waistband.
Measuring Your Body:
Using a measuring tape, stand and measure your waist at the point where your jeans waistband is, as if you were putting on a belt.
Helpful Tips for Measuring Your Body:
- Be standing when you take the measurement, and make sure to stand up straight.
- Don't have a measuring tape*? You can use a piece of string and then lay the string against a tape measure** the get the accurate measurement.
- Our jeans are mid-rise, and do not hit at your body's true waist - make sure to measure where your waistband typically hits your body, and not your true waist.
Measuring a Pair of Jeans:
Lay your jeans on a table or the floor. Measure across the back waistband and double that measurement.
Helpful Tips for Measuring Your Jeans:
- Make sure your jeans are laying flat.
- If your jeans have a lot of stretch in them (more than 3%) their flat measurement may not be an accurate waistband measurement - try measuring them on the body instead.
Finding Your Size:
Got a number? Great!
For Men's Jean Sizing:
Subtract 2.5 from your measurement, and round up to the nearest whole number. That's your jean size!
For Women's Jean Sizing:
Subtract 4.5 from your measurement, and round up to the nearest whole number. That's your jean size!
|*Measuring Tape||**Tape Measure||The English Language|